Macaroni & Cheese Gang

Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Chronicles of Mr. Mom - Day 3
Today was a difficult day. Not because of Brandon & Katie or Jessica being gone but b/c of some other issues I faced in the day. I always look forward to the day after and even further from days like today so I can forget about them and move on. The day started out okay. Brandon & Katie were up picking on each other at 7:00 in the morning. So, we got up, got ready and went to McDonald's for breakfast before off to school. I picked them up later in the afternoon and took them home. Trying not to allow some of the distractions of the day come out on B & K, we decided to go swimming early. Once at the pool, we had a great time. B & K both were jumping off the diving board (with arm floaties on of course). They both are really close to learning how to swim! We got home, got cleaned up and had dinner. Funny thing is, we had two pancakes and eggs left over from breakfast and B insisted that I save them so he could have them from breakfast. He had everything and some applesauce. They watched TV for a while and off to bed. So, it was a good day. I was glad the day ended. I have some what of a difficult time wondering if I did my best yesterday. In persponally dealing with some things and how I handled some things. But, all the matters is that when I look at B & K, they remind me why I am who I am and they make the next day bearable. They make me want to work harder on who I am and what I do. Even though Brandon is almost 6, I am learning everyday how to be a better parent and a better person. So, this week probably came at a good time!

1 Comments:

  • And as they approach their 30's you will realize that they are still teaching you to be a better parent and person everyday.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home